Thursday, May 14, 2009

Square 3: Danny



Story blanket square 003


This square is for Danny, who taught me how to knit. He gave me the crimson yarn, one of his favourites left over form an old project. Crimson, the colour of love!

He also gave me the idea of inviting friends to participate in this blanket by donating yarn. The stories come from my life, and my friends are part of that.

That's all the story I have for this square, so I'll take the opportunity to tell you how to participate. If you are a knitter like Danny, hopefully you will have some cherished remnants from a finished project and a story to go with it. If not, or if you are a non-knitter, feel free to donate yarn anyway: something that speaks to you, about you or about me. Worsted weight is preferable (just ask at a yarn store), but I can accommodate other sizes, too. Any questions or suggestions?

The mailing address is Van Waffle, Box 115, 3-304 Stone Road West, Guelph, Ontario, Canada, N1G 4W4.

I bought a few skeins of two dark colours of Cascade yarn (this dark green and the dark purple in the previous square) to use throughout the blanket as a unifying element, so they will appear frequently.

4 comments:

  1. I would love to help you out with this project. I know we haven't chatted in a while, but I would still like to help. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count your friends from Monday nite in Van!

    What a wonderful project!

    Stop by soon & help yourself to our group stash!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you cut down a sample from a disastrous scarf?
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi token-o, we should get together for a good chat soon!

    Studio, thanks for your support! I will make it to a Monday night soon. It will be fun to show the squares, and maybe the group will have some ideas.

    Sarah, absolutely, I can make stories out of disasters. See ya soon!

    ReplyDelete